Solar garden lights are unique garden lamps, powered by natural solar energy. Solar garden lights do not require wiring, and thus there is no threat of anyone in your garden (i.e., pets, children, or, yourself) getting an electric shock. The lights help you save on the cost of electric, and are very easy to install.
Solar garden lights produce light with the aid of solar energy, which is the only powerful free of charge natural source of energy on earth. Unique solar cells are capable of generating electric, when exposed to the sun for long enough. A rechargeable battery makes the unit capable of storing the energy and producing light when an electric current is passed through special diodes.
Solar garden lights usually emit a moderate amount of light for a modest amount of time. However, due to constantly improving technology, the lights keep getting better, shining brighter and longer.
Main advantages of solar garden lights are:
1. The lights are extremely easy to set up. When needed, solar garden lights can be also moved with the same ease. These lights can be placed anywhere throughout your garden, during the daytime hours in which there is sun.
2. Solar garden lights are much safer than regular lighting, since they operate with a very low voltage.
3. Solar garden lights are powered by Direct Current electricity, making them very energy efficient. Common batteries get charged by the sunshine and give out electricity, making the lights shine. A homeowner can save a lot on the cost of electric and the cost of fossil fuels.
4. Most of the solar garden lights come with a built in photo sensors, which make the lights go on and off according to if there is sunshine or if there isn't. At the same time, most of the lights have an on and off button for maximum convenience.
5. Solar garden lights do not produce dangerous environmental pollutants, which is a common thing for other electricity generating utilities.
6. Solar garden lights are compact, fashionable and attractive. They are notorious for creating a special pleasant atmosphere in any garden.
7. Solar garden lights may provide you with up to 8-9 hours of light with merely 4 hours of direct sun exposure. Good lights will also provide you with an evening glow even during the autumn and winter months with limited sunshine.
8. One of the most common complaints of homeowners is that the wires in their garden get damaged, for example, by animals. Solar garden lights eliminate this problem due to not requiring any wires or electric sockets.
Before purchasing solar garden lights for your landscaping, please note the following:
1. Be sure to opt for the solar garden lights with the spike made of metal or a durable plastic.
2. Some lights are meant for nice appearance rather than for bright light, and they may just glow instead of emitting a bright light. Other lights may be short lived in the evening. If you are looking for brighter solar garden lights, which would emit light for many hours, you should look for lights with a larger area of solar cells and higher capacity batteries. The light intensity varies from one type of light to another.
3. The best solar garden lights should be perfectly weatherproof. Otherwise, if it rains and the water starts to leak into the sealed solar panel, the lights will most likely stop working.
4. You should also try to place your solar garden lights, where there is no shadow cast in your garden. Note that on the overcast days, the lights will not shine for so long and as bright as on bright sunny days.
5. If your lights do not work properly, the most common reasons for that will be: rusty batteries, rusty battery terminals or poor quality of the batteries.
6. For most convenience, opt for solar garden lights that come with an on and off button.
Solar garden lights are a big step forward in the modern technological development. The lights help create a garden with an extremely pleasant and relaxing ambiance, as well as they are cost efficient and environmentally friendly. Solar garden lights are one solution to consider for any garden enthusiast.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!